DURATION: 2 Part framework – see below
TUITION: $65 + GST
BLS Provider courses will proceed within the new Heart and Stroke Foundation COVID-19 Pandemic framework.
Part 1 – Live Online via Zoom July 11, 2020 – 11;30am – 12:30pm
Part 2 – In-Person hands-on July 12, 2020 – 11:30am – 12:45pm
For the Part 1 online session, please ensure you have:
- A Heart and Stroke resuscitation portal account (link here to check your user ID and password work – or to create a free account)
- Zoom software (secure version 5.0 or later – free account via this link)
For the Part 2 In-person session:
Here are some of the basic requirements as part of our Covid-19 Safety Plan:
- Everyone will be evaluated for health to enter the room – temp and health check
- Everyone must bring their own mask
- Gloves and wipes will be provided at each station
- Each station will be wiped down between participants
- Breaks at least once per hour (5 minutes)
- Stay 6’ apart
The BLS Part 1 Interim course is facilitated by a BLS instructor for about 1 hour, wrapping up with an online quiz. Content includes facility based Chain of Survival™
- new COVID-19 resuscitation protocols
- Multi-rescuer resuscitation
- Team dynamics
- The foundational and life-saving skills of chest compressions, ventilations and defibrillation
- Techniques to relieve choking
- The use of a barrier device and bag-valve-mask device
Certification is issued the same day with the period expending to September 30, 2020 or until we are in a position with Heart and Stroke to offer in person classes (whichever is later). Part 2 will extend the certification by a year following a content review and hands on practice (briefer session with the quiz already completed with Part 1). .
We’ve implemented the latest technology to ensure your online registration and payment are secure.
If you have any questions at all, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604-990-0063. You are also welcome to register by phone.
“Time frame – perfect. Comfort level good. Maintaining my CPR skills is really valuable to my profession and this course was a great reminder.” – Shannon (Sept 2018)- Shannon – BLS, Mount Saint Joseph