DURATION: 1 Evening
TUITION: $385 + GST
BECOMING AN ACLS INSTRUCTOR
The ACLS Provider course is the second component of three in the process of becoming an ACLS Instructor. The three components required in becoming an ACLS Instructor include:
- Core Instructor Course completion
- ACLS Instructor Course completion
- ACLS Course Co-Facilitation and Monitoring with an experienced ACLS Instructor (arranged by you and an experienced ACLS Instructor)
After successful ACLS Co-Facilitation and Monitoring, an instructor fee of $75 will be required by the Heart and Stroke Foundation to receive ACLS Instructor Certification credentials.
The ACLS Instructor Course is delivered in partnership with the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada. The following prerequisites are required:
- Basic Life Support Course completion within 12 months prior to this course (optional add-on earlier on the same day – see option below when registering)
- ACLS Provider or Renewal Course within 24 months prior to this course
- Core Instructor Course within 3 months prior to this course or current BLS or PALS Instructor status. (There is one scheduled for Wednesday Evening at the same location)
- Emergency and/or critical care hospital or pre-hospital practice for at least one year
- ECG Rhythm Interpretation proficiency
The following resources are mandatory when attending the ACLS Instructor Course:
- ACLS Instructor Bundle ($210 ) – includes ACLS Instructor Manual, ACLS Instructor 2-DVD set, ACLS Instructor Training module
- ACLS Provider manual ($60) – includes the ACLS course manual and the algorithm cards
- Emergency Cardiovascular Care Handbook ($45)
If you do not already have these resources, you are welcome to select these options below when registering. You are also welcome to order these directly from the Heart and Stroke portal for discounted pricing. The prices below reflect expedited shipping and handling costs as well.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The ACLS Instructor course includes an overview of the key components of an ACLS course with core skill review of BLS, electrical therapy, airway management, team dynamics, feedback, debriefing and communication. These skills are reviewed in a hands-on exercises with ample opportunities for skill practice, feedback and questions. The session also combines facilitation techniques with core ACLS topics to practice skill review, case studies, practice scenarios and student evaluation / remediation. The Heart and Stroke portal will be introduced and instructor materials reviewed.
Before attending the ACLS Instructor course, review the course materials with particular focus on the core ACLS skills, the ACLS Provider DVD and the ACLS Instructor manual. Be ready to be supported by instructor trainers with skills that they employ in ACLS courses. Expect the course to be worth the time spent, serving as an important foundation to your impact as an ACLS Instructor.
You are welcome to audit one or more ACLS courses with us before or after the ACLS Instructor course before your co-facilitation and monitoring. Simply email us to let us know which course you would like to attend. The course calendar is found via the link at the top of this page.
ADD BLS INSTRUCTOR OR PALS INSTRUCTOR COURSES?
Please consider also becoming a BLS Instructor to help health care providers meet the one prerequisite course needed within 12 months of an ACLS course. Register for a BLS Instructor course and receive $75 off of the BLS Instructor tuition for combining both instructor courses.
If you care to become a PALS Instructor to broaden your scope of emergency care instruction to include pediatric emergencies, register for the PALS Instructor course. Receive $75 off of the PALS Instructor tuition for combining both instructor courses ($150 for combining BLS, ACLS and PALS Instructor courses).
What if you need to change dates or cancel? Check out our refund and transfer policy.
We’ve implemented the latest technology to ensure your online registration and payment are secure.
If you have any questions at all, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 990 0063. You are also welcome to register by phone.
We are committed to creating a positive learning experience that is relevant to who you are and to what you do. Register today!
Cadboro Commons Bldg
“Super interesting. I think this is valuable for all health care providers, especially on any med/surg unit. More scenarios, the more the merrier 🙂 but I know that we only get the weekend. But ya, it was great!” – Randi- Randi – ACLS Provider, Vancouver