DURATION: 2 Days
TUITION: $400 + GST
THE IDEAL HEART AND STROKE FOUNDATION INSTRUCTOR-CANDIDATE:
- Is motivated to teach
- Is motivated to facilitate learning
- Is motivated to ensure that students acquire the skills necessary for successful course completion
- Views student assessment as a way to improve individual knowledge and skills
BECOMING A BLS INSTRUCTOR
The BLS Provider course is the second component of three in the process of becoming a BLS Instructor. The three components required in becoming a BLS Instructor include:
- Current BLS Certification
- BLS Instructor Course completion
- BLS Course Co-Facilitation and Monitoring with an experienced BLS Instructor (arranged by you and an experienced BLS Instructor)
After successful BLS co-facilitation and monitoring, an instructor fee of $75 will be required by the Heart and Stroke Foundation to receive BLS Instructor Certification credentials.
The BLS Instructor Course is delivered in partnership with the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada. The following prerequisites are required:
- Basic Life Support Course completion within 12 months (optional BLS Renewal add-on on the first evening – see option below when registering)
- Acute, emergency and/or critical care hospital or pre-hospital practice for at least 6 months
Instructor candidates are required to purchase the BLS Instructor Kit Gold (RE3360E-Gold) from the HSF Webshop. Please note – you will need to be logged in and registered for the course to purchase the kit.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The BLS Instructor course includes an overview of the key components of a BLS course with core skill review of infant, child and adult CPR, basic airway management, AED use, foreign body obstruction management, team dynamics, feedback, debriefing and communication. These skills are reviewed in a hands-on exercises with ample opportunities for skill practice, feedback and questions. The session combines facilitation techniques with core BLS topics to practice skill review, case studies, practice scenarios and student evaluation / remediation. The Heart and Stroke portal will be introduced and instructor materials reviewed.
Before attending the BLS Instructor course, review the course materials with particular focus on the core BLS skills, the BLS Provider DVD and the BLS Instructor manual. Expect the course to be worth the time spent, serving as an important foundation to your impact as a BLS Instructor.
What if you need to change dates or cancel? Check out our refund and transfer policy.
We’ve implemented the latest technology to ensure your online registration and payment are secure.
If you have any questions at all, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 990 0063. You are also welcome to register by phone.
We are committed to creating a positive learning experience that is relevant to who you are and to what you do. Register today!
1952 Bay St
“Great & effective teaching style. Quick refresher. Time went by fast.” – Patty (Sept 2018)- Patty – BLS, Mount Saint Joseph