DURATION: 2 Part framework – see below
TUITION: $65 + GST
BLS Provider courses will proceed within the new Heart and Stroke Foundation COVID-19 Pandemic framework.
Part 1 – Online Live via Zoom June 18, 2020 – 9:00am – 10:00am
Part 2 – In-Person hands-on June 18, 2020 – 10:30am – 11:30am 0r 11:30am – 12:30pm
For the Part 1 online session, please ensure you have:
- A Heart and Stroke resuscitation portal account (link here to check your user ID and password work – or to create a free account)
- Zoom software (secure version 5.0 or later – free account via this link)
For the Part 2 In-person session:
Here are some of the basic requirements as part of our Covid-19 Safety Plan:
- Everyone will be evaluated for health to enter the room – temp and health check
- Everyone must bring their own mask
- Gloves and wipes will be provided at each station
- Each station will be wiped down between participants
- Breaks at least once per hour (5 minutes)
- Stay 6’ apart
- No outside food will be allowed in the training room
The BLS Part 1 Interim course is facilitated by a BLS instructor for about 2 hours wrapping up with an online quiz. Content includes facility based Chain of Survival™
- new COVID-19 resuscitation protocols
- Multi-rescuer resuscitation
- Team dynamics
- The foundational and life-saving skills of chest compressions, ventilations and defibrillation
- Techniques to relieve choking
- The use of a barrier device and bag-valve-mask device
Certification is issued the same day with the period expending to July 31, 2020 or until we are in a position with Heart and Stroke to offer in person classes (whichever is later). Part 2 will extend the certification by a year following a content review and hands on practice (briefer session with the quiz already completed with Part 1). .
We’ve implemented the latest technology to ensure your online registration and payment are secure.
If you have any questions at all, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604-990-0063. You are also welcome to register by phone.
“Good refresher. Renewed my confidence in being able to handle an arrest situation, especially if I’m the only one around that knows BLS.” – Alyssa- Alyssa – BLS – SkillStat2U!, Kelowna