DURATION: 1 Day
TUITION: $385 + GST
BECOMING A PALS INSTRUCTOR
The PALS Provider course is the second component of three in the process of becoming a PALS Instructor. The three components required in becoming a PALS Instructor include:
- Core Instructor Course completion
- PALS Instructor Course completion
- PALS Course Co-Facilitation and Monitoring with an experienced PALS Instructor (arranged by you and an experienced PALS Instructor)
After successful PALS Co-Facilitation and Monitoring, an instructor fee of $75 will be required by the Heart and Stroke Foundation to receive PALS Instructor Certification credentials.
The ACLS Instructor Course is delivered in partnership with the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada. The following prerequisites are required:
- Basic Life Support Course completion within 12 months prior to this course (optional add-on on the first evening – see option below when registering)
- PALS Provider or Renewal Course within 24 months prior to this course
- Core Instructor Course within 3 months prior to this course or current BLS or ACLS Instructor status. (There is one for the scheduled for Wednesday Evening at the same location)
- Emergency and/or critical pediatric care in hospital or pre-hospital for at least one year
- ECG Rhythm Interpretation proficiency
The following resources are mandatory when attending the PALS Instructor Course:
- PALS Instructor Bundle ($210) – includes PALS Instructor Manual, PALS Instructor 2-DVD set, PALS Instructor Training module
- PALS Provider manual ($60) – includes the PALS course manual and the algorithm cards
- Emergency Cardiovascular Care Handbook ($45)
If you do not already have these resources, you are welcome to select these options below when registering. You are also welcome to order these directly from the Heart and Stroke portal for discounted pricing. The prices below reflect expedited shipping and handling costs as well.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The PALS Instructor course includes an overview of the key components of a PALS course with core skill review of BLS, electrical therapy, airway management, use of the pediatric sizing tape, team dynamics, feedback, debriefing and communication. These skills are reviewed in a hands-on exercises with ample opportunities for skill practice, feedback and questions. The session combines facilitation techniques with core PALS topics to practice skill review, case studies, practice scenarios and student evaluation / remediation. The Heart and Stroke portal will be introduced and instructor materials reviewed.
Before attending the PALS Instructor course, review the course materials with particular focus on the core PALS skills, the PALS Provider DVD and the PALS Instructor manual. Be ready to be supported by instructor trainers with skills that they employ in PALS courses. Expect the course to be worth the time spent, serving as an important foundation to your impact as an PALS Instructor.
You are welcome to audit one or more PALS courses with us before or after the PALS Instructor course before your co-facilitation and monitoring. Simply email us to let us know which course you would like to attend. The course calendar is found via the link at the top of this page.
ADD BLS INSTRUCTOR OR ACLS INSTRUCTOR COURSES?
Please consider also becoming a BLS Instructor to help health care providers meet the one prerequisite course needed within 12 months of a PALS course. Register for a BLS Instructor course and receive $75 off of the BLS Instructor tuition for combining both instructor courses.
If you care to become a ACLS Instructor to broaden your scope of emergency care instruction to include adult cardiovascular emergencies, register for the ACLS Instructor course. Receive $75 off of the ACLS Instructor tuition for combining both instructor courses ($150 for combining BLS, ACLS and PALS Instructor courses).
What if you need to change dates or cancel? Check out our refund and transfer policy.
We’ve implemented the latest technology to ensure your online registration and payment are secure.
If you have any questions at all, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 990 0063. You are also welcome to register by phone.
We are committed to creating a positive learning experience that is relevant to who you are and to what you do. Register today!
Cadboro Commons Bldg
“Great course! Lots of hands on practice. Learnt useful skills that will be immediately applicable.” – Zame (Mar 2019)- Zame – PALS Provider, Prince George