Part 1 Live Online via Zoom: Fri – June 25, 2021: 8:30am – 11:30am
Part 2 In-Person skills training: Fri – June 25, 2021: 1:00pm – 5:00pm
What is TEAM Airway?
The TEAM Airway course is designed for rural practitioners and teams who expect to be challenged by airway and respiratory emergencies. Core airway and ventilation competencies form the foundation of the course with custom components added to address the unique challenges of each practice setting. For example, differing equipment, resources, expertise and proximity to major centres all have significant impact on the agility of each team – their speed and grace in these emergencies. Upstream team approaches to these unique challenges are addressed with group discussion, simulations, hands on practice and accessible checklists.
Expect TAC to help better prepare advanced practice clinicians with new and proven airway ventilation techniques. Live online and in person experiences capture the big picture challenges with simple 3 step models while also attending to a diverse array of situational challenges inherent to each setting. We hope to help enhance respiratory expertise of those attending and improve each person’s awareness of human factors that impact these emergencies.
The TAC elements include:
- pre-course preparation resources, print and digital
- an airway and ventilation video library of clear step by step skill review with a host of practical tips and pearls
- Walls Manual of Emergency Airway is the up-to-date reference manual chosen to support this proven airway and ventilation concepts and skills
- a live online overview session to introduce new approaches and to reinforce proven concepts and skills
- an in-person comprehensive skill review with scenario practice that fit the setting and the people who are part of the learning experience
- follow-up performance tools (checklists, TEAM airway 360) round out the program
- a personalized completion card is provided upon course completion to all attending
- an optional airway certification is also available for those who prefer to complete a practical and written evaluation
A course outline with a more detailed account of the TEAM Airway course can be downloaded here.
We recommend purchasing the Walls Manuals 5th ed. via Amazon.ca.
To learn more, you can visit our SkillStat TEAM Airway YouTube Playlist created by Jim Bemister, RT.
To have the TEAM Airway Course offered at your hospital, please contact us by email or by phone (604.990.0063).